Design verification is an important step in the process of implementing a construction investment project, to ensure the design’s quality, overcoming the incorrects during the design consultant phase, saving investment costs and increasing the reliability of the design.
• Considering the suitability of the design with the approved investment project or design reports
• Checking the application of standards and regulations
• Assessing the conformity of major structural solutions
• Assessing the loading safety of the construction
• Assessing the conformity with environment, fire fighting regulations
• Assessing the rationality of selection of technological lines and technological equipment for works with technological requirements
• Evaluating the conformity of the technical system with the design solutions for the construction part and other related parts.
A. Total investment of the project
• Checking the conformity of the total investment determination method with the characteristics, technical characteristics and technology requirements of the project
• Checking the adequacy, suitability with the market requirements of the cost items in the Total Investment
• Checking the feasibility of investment in construction works, risk factors, financial options and capital repayment plans..
B Verification of construction cost estimates
• Checking the conformity of the main volume with respect to the design
• Checking the proper application of norms and unit prices
• Checking the proper application of the current regulations.
C. Verification of settlement of construction and installation of works/ work items
• Checking the compatibility between the volume of final settlement and the volume in the as-built drawings
• Unit price: Checking the conformity of the construction unit price with the contract
• Determining the settlement value of construction and installation of works/ work items.
D. Verification of cost norms for construction works
• The compatibility of technical requirements, construction conditions and construction methods of each type of work requiring cost estimate norms
• Checking the adequacy of work components
• Checking the calculation method to determine the material consumption, labor and construction machine
• Formulating the norm details.